Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Want to write a Book?

Well, I was having this random conversation with a friend of mine about a book that I have been writing for over a year now! (ahemmm... I don't think I will come around to complete it ever). While we were at it, I realized that I was not pinging her anymore... she was bombarding me with never ending ideas and story lines, and by the time I could breathe, my entire plot had changed. What are friends for!!!??

So, what I particularly liked about the conversation was the vigor with which she described the successful ingredients of A BestSeller. Read on and smile:

1. MBA Degree: someone in the book would have done that
2. One Abroad Location: either studies or job placement
3. Lust, sexual gory details
4. Love At last: true love....bees and butterfly
5. Heartbreak: sob sob
6. Drugs, Drugs, and more Drugs: coke, hash, weed....put them all!
7. Marriage: unsuccessful with a few flings
8. Resurrection: enlightenment
9. Happy Ending
Transitory
10. Final Twist in the Story
protagonist dies!

Well, this got me in to thinking! Do I really need to write a book? I could write a story that goes like this:

Once there was a woman who did her MBA and went to England for a nice job. She met a man over there and he was very handsome! They fell in love. They had steamy sex on every piece of furniture they owned and they got married. But soon after that she found out that he was cheating on her with his secretary and then came an ugly divorce with uglier alimony. She was crying day and nite and did not know what to do, she indulged in drinking and at last resorted to drugs. But One day, a holy saint came to her rescue and chanted some hymns to her. Finally with the help of one Ganga Snan, some Yoga and therapy, she was back in track. She found happiness again. But It wouldn't last forever. The drugs had done the damage. She was dying, and she knew it. Finally she died.

I hope you guys liked the story, come and take my autograph when this becomes a bestseller!! lol (:P) See you in the next episode of 'Kill the Author!' :D

No comments:

Post a Comment