Friday, September 21, 2012

This one's by mom...

For years, I've been telling my mom to start publishing her work online. My love is for the written word she'd say, not so much for the typed out version. Jokes apart, I made some serious attempts to make her post things online and needless to say the attempt was an epic fail. So, here's me.. taking things into my own hands and posting one of her recent works. For the Bengali poem lovers out there this one is surely a #moodlifteroftheday :)


    আমার জন্যে  তুমি ....


নীল পায়রা হও
চার্চ এর বাতি হও
সব কথা শুনব তোমার 
শরতের কাশফুল হলে -- 
আলোর বনে 
খুঁজবো  তোমায় 
শান্ত নদীর ডিঙ্গি নৌকা যদি --
ভেসে যাব অবেলায় 
ভোরের সানাই হও 
বাতাসের কানে 
সেতারের সুর হয়ে এসো 
            কোনো এক রাতে।

                                                                        -সহেলি  রায় 

1 comment:

  1. Great! nice poem . keep on writing! shall be delighted if you do plz contribute your articles for PAPYRUS web Magazine !!!

    ReplyDelete